Regional Ethnographic Museum - Plovdiv
Regional Ethnographic Museum - Plovdiv was founded in 1917 and is always open to curious and searching people. The museum preserves over 40,000 cultural values, mainly related to the tradition of the population of Plovdiv and its cultural and economic hinterland. Among his collections stand out those of copper vessels, ceramics, ancient weapons, shepherd's carvings, jewelry and church utensils, sewn and knitted lace, costumes from all over the Bulgarian ethnic territory, musical instruments, urban interior.
National Ethnographic Museum - Sofia
The National Ethnographic Museum is part of the Institute of Ethnology and Folklore at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. This is a museum of the Bulgarian cultural identity, of the connection between the past and the present, of one's own culture and of other cultures. The museum searches for, preserves, researches, popularizes the collections of artifacts from the culture and way of life of the Bulgarians in today's borders of the country and of the Bulgarian communities abroad, owns in its funds tens of thousands of objects. The museum is located in the center of the Bulgarian capital, in the building of the former Prince's Palace.
With its more than a hundred-year history and 13 collections, the National Ethnographic Museum is one of the oldest and most sustainable centers for searching, collecting, preserving and presenting the cultural heritage of Bulgaria. Preservation of this heritage is a mission for the museum - only the museum fund "Bulgarian Folk Clothing", which provided the costumes for the current calendar, contains over 23,000 artifacts. Among them are costumes of Bulgarians from all regions of the country, from the western outskirts, Northern Dobrudja, Aegean Thrace and Macedonia, who found salvation in the homeland, as well as clothes of Bessarabian and Banat Bulgarians.
The Bulgarian folk costume enchants with its rich embroidery and braided decoration. The many parts of which it consists, build it as a whole composition, different for each region. The separate parts of the clothing and its decoration reflect the role and place of the person in the society, his age and marital status. There are folk beliefs about clothing, presented in myths and legends, songs and tales. The magic of the Bulgarian folk costume is a combination of rich color and decoration with different materials: tinsel, coins, beads and braids. The Bulgarian woman's jewelry - headbands, tepelets, bracelets, necklaces, pendants, chin straps, buckles and metal belts, are constant additions to clothing. They correspond to the social situation in society and are worn only by married women.
Ethnographic and Archaeological Museum - Elhovo
Ethnographic-Archaeological Museum - Elhovo presents one of the most interesting and original ethnographic exhibitions in the country. For fifty years the museum has been specialized ethnographically, and since 2008 its profile has been expanded to ethnographic-archaeological.
Currently, the museum houses over 23,000 exhibits and more than 8,000 original documents and photographs representing the ethnographic and historical heritage of the valley of Dolna Tundzha and Strandzha - Sakar region. The ethnographic museum fund contains over 14,000 exhibits in the following collections: "Agriculture and Animal Husbandry", "Housing and Housing", "Transport, Hunting and Fishing", "Clothing and Jewelry", "Fabrics and Embroidery". "Traditional crafts" and "Folk art".
The ethnographic exposition presents the main livelihoods of the population from the end of the XIX and the beginning of the XX century: agriculture, viticulture, tobacco production, animal husbandry, hunting and fishing, some traditional crafts: coppersmithing, tailoring, stonemasonry, and a special place for vehicles. The apartment and the housing system from the same period are presented in natural sizes and original way of construction. Particularly impressive are the ancient costumes of the population of the southeastern part of Bulgaria and the Bulgarian settlers from Edirne and Aegean Thrace, as well as original exhibits representing the traditional family and calendar holidays and customs.
Historical Museum - Razlog
Historical Museum - Razlog is located on the square "September 15, 1903", near the city center. The museum is part of a series of Revival houses, which have been declared architectural monuments. The building is a model Razlog-Chepinska house, "brother" type from the end of the XIX century.
Currently, more than 5,000 exhibits from different eras are stored here. Among the invaluable wealth of the museum fund stand out the collections of weapons and old printed books, traditional local clothing and works of Razlog master craftsmen.
Archaeological finds from different epochs are presented in the museum expositions.
Regional History Museum Burgas
The Regional History Museum in Burgas is the largest museum in Southeastern Bulgaria. It was established in 1912 as a private museum at the Burgas Archaeological Society "Debelt" by a group of intellectuals and guardians to reveal the historical past of the Burgas lands. After more than 100 years in the halls of the museum you can see preserved samples of the archaeological, historical, natural and ethnographic past of our people. This edition presents three of the most beautiful samples of costumes from the region, stored in RIM - Burgas.
Historical Museum - Velingrad
The beginning of the museum work in the Chepino region was laid in 1909 by the teacher and public figure Hristo Maslarov. In the following decades, several school and community center museum collections were created. On this basis, in 1951, the City History Museum was founded, which was transformed a decade later into the Vela Peeva House-Museum. In 1991 the status of the museum was returned and it is again the Historical Museum - Velingrad. The museum offers the following exhibitions: memorial exhibition "Vela Peeva", ethnographic exhibition "Mountain hospitable home", exhibition "Easter painted eggs" and exhibition "Nikolai Gyaurov - The Great Bass".
The Ethnographic and National Revival Compound “St. Sofronii Vrachanski”
Ethnographic-Revival complex "St. Sofroniy Vrachanski ”Vratsa was opened on May 25, 1987. It consists of three Revival houses in the typical architectural style of this region. Traditional costumes of the ethnographic groups inhabiting the region are exhibited - the main Bulgarian population, the population of the Danube region, the Karakachan population from the mountain settlements and the Banat Bulgarians, settled as a compact mass in the village of Bardarski Geran.
Regional Historical Museum - Gabrovo
Regional Historical Museum - Gabrovo is housed in a beautiful baroque building - an immovable cultural property of national importance, the work of the great Bulgarian architect Nikola Lazarov, built in 1904. The beginning of the museum is set with the first historical collection in the Aprilov High School from 1883, initiated by the director of the high school Raycho Karolev. Today its rich collection includes 120,000 stock units from the Paleolithic era, late antique civilization in these lands (IV - VI century BC), the First and Second Bulgarian Kingdom, the Ottoman rule, the Renaissance, the industrial boom to this day.
ROME - Pazardzhik
RHM - Pazardzhik was established in 1911 by a decision of the Management Board of Community centre "Videlina". The first museum exposition was opened in 1924.
The current permanent exposition of the museum is presented in different ways
nature and scope of time halls. It covers a large period of time - from prehistory to the new Bulgarian history.
The ethnographic exposition is separated into an authentic Revival house, and the native one
house of Konstantin Velichkov presents the life and activity of the prominent bazaar.
The object of RHM-Pazardzhik is also "Yunatsite Settlement Mound".
Regional Historical Museum "Stoyu Shishkov" - Smolyan
Stoyu Shishkov Regional Historical Museum - Smolyan was established in 1935 by the prominent genealogist, researcher and writer Stoyu Shishkov in his native village of Ustovo. In 1967 the museum was transformed into a District Historical, and since 2006 it has regional functions on the territory of Smolyan district. Today, the largest museum in Smolyan region is located in a specially designed building located in the city center, which since 1983 presents its permanent exhibition "Cultural and historical wealth of the Rhodopes from antiquity to the present day." Over 200 men's, women's and children's costumes from the late nineteenth - mid twentieth century represent the traditional clothing of the population of the two denominational communities - Christians and Muslims, in its functional, social and extremely rich local diversity.
Regional Historical Museum - Pernik
In 1957 the first exhibition was opened. From 1959 it grew into the Regional National Museum, and in 1968 administrative and structural changes were made and it became known as the Regional Historical Museum. The exposition of the Historical Museum was opened in 1973, renovated in 1978. Collections are formed: prehistoric ceramics, urban life in the Middle Ages, votive tablets of the Thracian horseman, icon collection, numismatic collection, ethnographic fabrics, Busin ceramics, English ceramics weapon.
RHM - Yambol
RHM Yambol was established in January 1952 and officially opened on June 2, 1953 as a Museum of the Revolutionary Movement. In 1955 it was transformed into the National General Museum. Over the years, the funds of the Yambol Museum have been enriched and today in the museum halls you can see valuable examples of our archaeological, historical and ethnographic wealth.
Kardzhali Regional History Museum
The Regional History Museum in Kardzhali was established in 1965. Today it is an established institution with managerial, coordinating and executive functions. Its main fund includes over 40,000 cultural values related to the history and nature of the Eastern Rhodopes. The museum is housed in a unique building, declared an architectural monument of culture of national importance in 2005. After adaptation, its area is organized in 30 exhibition halls, which house the exhibitions of the Department of Archeology, Ethnography and Nature.
HM - Batak
Every nation has periods in its history that it keeps deep in its heart. Nestled high in the Rhodope Mountains, Batak is a symbol of the strength of the Bulgarian spirit, courage and self-sacrifice in the name of a great cause - freedom. Freedom - awaited, longed for, dreamed of for five centuries! Batak is a name before which we bow our heads, because "without Batak there would be no free Bulgaria!". Batak Historical Museum was established in 1956. It was opened for visitors on May 17, 1956 on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the April Batak Epic. The Historical Museum - Batak houses photos, documents and original objects from the distant past, the era of the Bulgarian Revival and the New Age. Visitors will be immersed in the spirit of the traditions and way of life of Batachans from the end of the XIX and the first half of the XX century.
HM - Boiler
"Korpeeva House" or exposition Kotel town life is part of the Historical Museum - Kotel, which is an independent legal entity on a budget and covers the museums in Kotel, Zheravna and Medven. The house was built in 1872. and is situated in the architectural reserve of the Galata district in Kotel. It is a typical example of Revival architecture, and was built by some of the best masters in Tryavna by order of the owner Radil Kyorpeev! This is the first museum in Kotel opened in 1956.
Municipal Museum - Ardino
Municipal Museum - Ardino is housed in an impressive two-storey building - a cultural monument, built in the late eighteenth century. The fund of the Municipal Museum - Ardino, is dominated by movable ethnographic monuments and collections of individual historical objects and technical complexes from the Ottoman period and the Renaissance, which characterize the economy, culture and way of life of the local population.
Dimitar Talev Foundation
Dimitar Talev Foundation was established in 2018 in the town of Sandanski for public benefit. Its founders - Kiril Bozhkilov, Nikola Karakushev, Hristo Salmov, Dimitar Chapkanov and Dimitar Toshev are originally from Aegean, Vardar and Pirin Macedonia. The statutes of the foundation include significant goals and means, including cultural and literary dialogue between artists from the Republic of Bulgaria and the Republic of Macedonia, as well as attracting a wide range of students, teachers, researchers, citizens, tourists.
Historical Museum of Popovo
The Historical Museum in Popovo was established on the idea of the Archaeological Society in the city in 1927. Its first exhibition was opened in 1929, today's - on March 2, 1995. Collections of the departments of Archeology, Ethnography, Settlement in the period XV-XIX century, the City in modern and contemporary times and Christian art. The museum preserves over 30,000 movable cultural values from the region. Today it has four buildings, methodically takes care of the tourist attraction "Kovachevsko Kale". He conducted archeological excavations, published books, organized scientific conferences, and had three exhibitions in the country. Today it is the only scientific and cultural center in the municipality of Popovo.
Regional historical museum
“Acad. Yordan Ivanov ”- Kyustendil
The beginning of the museum work in Kyustendil was set in the middle of the XIX century, when a number of Revival figures made the first successful attempts to study the past of Kyustendil and its surroundings, to collect and preserve valuable archaeological, ethnographic and folklore materials. The most prominent of them are Georgi Angelov Drumoharski, Petar Tsvetanov Lyubenov, Efrem Karanov, Stoyan Zaimov, Zinovi Poppetrov, Georgi Kolushki and Mihail Georgiev-Makedonski.
At the beginning of the 20th century, the large-scale archeological excavations of Yordan Ivanov near the village of Nevestino, Moshteni locality (1904-1906) and of Hisarlaka began in 1906 and continued in 1908-1909-1911 and 1912. ., and the excavations of the sanctuary near the village of Kopilovtsi (1911-1912) conducted by Prof. Gavril Katsarov.
The research and publications of Konstantin Irecek, Acad. Yordan Ivanov - "Northern Macedonia", 1906, "Bulgarian Antiquities in Macedonia" and Corresponding Member. Yordan Zahariev contributed to the fruitful development of the museum work and the establishment of the museum institution in Kyustendil in the early twentieth century.
On November 3, 1897, the first museum collection in the city was opened at the Pedagogical School in Kyustendil, the establishment of which on December 1, 1897 was approved by prescription № 17323 of the Ministry of Education. It is the first in Southwestern Bulgaria and the third school museum in the country, after those of the Aprilov High School in Gabrovo and the Stara Zagora Boys' Three-Grade School.
At the end of 1907 the Regulations of the museum at the Chitalishte "Bratstvo" were adopted, which began to function on January 1, 1908, as the second museum in the city with curator teacher Georgi Zlatevski. Its creators and first curators set themselves the task of founding "... a district museum organized in the form of a public institution" with the new museum. The program of the museum envisages the opening of the sections: Chitalishte work; home life; housing and household goods, livelihoods, costumes, communications and trade; history and archeology, geography; animals and minerals.